The outside of your home influences the appraisal and resale value of your home. When…
Simple Natural Stone Veneer Installation Tips
Stepped Panels are designed to interlock together like puzzle pieces. Panel A will lock into Panel B and so on for a seamless fit.
The substrate should be:
- Structurally sound
- Free of Debris
The substrate can be a cement block wall or cement board attached to the wall.
- Working from the bottom of the wall upward, coat the wall with 0.5 inch plus a layer of mortar, covering slightly more than the width of each panel
- Apply a layer of mortar to the back of the ledger panel and press the panel firmly in place. To ensure maximum bond of each panel to the wall surface, use a rubber mallet to tap each ledger panel into its final position
- Repeat step # 2, adding panels in a linear direction (end-to-end, rather than stacking ) to create multiple layers of panels until the desired height is reached
- Standard 6″x24” Natural Ledger Panels feature a Stepped Cut design which creates a seamless look, as random stone pieces were set by a craftsman
- To protect your stone from stains and spills, we recommend sealing the stone surfaces
When installed properly natural stone veneer can enhance any architectural style.