You've heard us say it once, you'll hear us say it again and again, when…
If taken care of properly, natural stone can increase property value and aesthetic appeal to any property for years on end. In order to maintain the pristine quality of your stone, follow these simple steps.
- Don’t use products containing lemon, vinegar, or other acids. It may dull or etch calcareous stones
- Don’t use scour powders or creams; they may contain abrasives that may scratch certain stones
- Don’t mix ammonia and bleach. This combination creates a toxic and lethal gas
- Don’t use commercial rust removers or other cleaners that contain acid, such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub and tile cleaners. This acid attacks silicates and minerals, and can ruin your natural stone
- Don’t use a worn out vacuum cleaner. The metal or plastic attachments may scratch your stone
The result: Laying out 5 x 10 Gold travertine pavers throughout the space.
- Blot spills rather than wiping the area, it’ll prevent the spill from spreading
- Flush the area with water and mild soap and rinse several times
- Clean floors frequently with a dust mop
- Clean floors with mild detergent or stone soap
- Rinse the area with clean water after washing with soap